Having deluded myself that the Aberfeldy Middle Distance was some years away I've come to the stark realisation that it's this weekend.
Last weekend provided a much needed wake-up call when I went up to recce the course with Peter Morag and Mr V.
I rode the 90km of the bike fairly strong - I took off up Scheihallion Road ahead of the other 3 thinking Peter was ahead of me and stayed ahead of them for the rest of the ride.
A very worthwhile session though. I realised that I was planning to start eating too late in the ride and I'll now adjust the plan accordingly. I think I was putting a few too many anaerobic effort getting out of the saddle when climbing and therefore a bit more sitting and spinning will be the order of the day to save my legs a bit come Saturday.
Coming off the bike I couldn't comprehend doing 21km of running but it'll need to get done so I'll just need to get my head round it and shuffle on through.
Tuesday, 11 August 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment